What deed, thought, sight or what was said today that made you smile?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
The £1million CHOP! Banksy dupes art world once again as iconic Girl with Balloon print sells for £953,839 at auction... only for lot to SHRED ITSELF moments after sale goes through
  • The famous piece Girl With Balloon shredded itself as it went under the hammer
  • Bidders looked shocked as it dangled in pieces from the bottom of the frame
  • The auction house admitted they had been 'Banksy-ed' by the mysterious artist
  • Do you know about Banksy's latest stunt?
    4814968-6246709-image-a-2_1538813712050.jpg
Shredded

4814970-6246709-image-a-1_1538813698253.jpg

source
Banksy is amazing. Incorporating the environment itself into expression is a talent unusual.

I thought about it. I sincerely believe the value of that piece just went up significantly. It is the ephemeral idea such as buddhists use in their intricate sand art, and it is a destruction stopped midway, as a statement.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Such an infamous act will only enhance its value. The story enhances the value of the shredded strips.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The auctioneers must've been horrified. :eek::eek:
But your right the price tag has probably leaped up to at least a coup!e of million now. :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Art is an unfathomable art. A con man hired tons of Chinese painters and asked them to replicate some masterpieces he had actually bought. He sold tons of the fakeries to Japanese investors who were ashamed to be exposed as by conned by him. In the end, one masterpiece was auctioned in Sothebys whilst another of the same in Christies. There, he was exposed. Hope you can make full use of Becky's talent, @DirtMechanic !

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Art is an unfathomable art. A con man hired tons of Chinese painters and asked them to replicate some masterpieces he had actually bought. He sold tons of the fakeries to Japanese investors who were ashamed to be exposed as by conned by him. In the end, one masterpiece was auctioned in Sothebys whilst another of the same in Christies. There, he was exposed. Hope you can make full use of Becky's talent, @DirtMechanic !
I appreciate your confidence in my capitalistic zeal though I think you overestimate me at least in that area.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Kind of a brilliant move. Artist makes work sells for what he can get at the time. Some years later after more years of hard work someone else sells for 100x what he had to sell it for, and gets not a dime in the exchange. If you have ever worked craft or art it is something that you think about.

On top of the fact Banksy never wanted his works to go up for auction.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Okay, understand we are in central Texas. We have lived here for about 20 years, and seen snow ONCE, and then it was just a skiff.
I went to our local hardware store to pick up a couple of items, and they had snowblowers on sale! I was laughing so hard, and the manager came over a little shame-faced and told me that corporate had sent them along with the instruction manuals. Well yes, folks who rarely see snow would need a manual to use a snow removal machine! Maybe it could be repurposed to blow leaves . . . .

Ask a Question