What a wonderful world.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Logan & Sean for your replies. (y)

It's so long ago I copied the MP3's I've forgotten the exact details; I think on the whole the songs either kept breaking up or simply playing a short while then drifting onto another song; these days of course CD's & DVD's are virtually obsolete; our car now three years old doesn't have a CD player installed it's now memory sticks or plug in some other kind of recorder.

I've played the same CD over and over hundreds of times really having it as background whilst I potter around.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I've a home made rack for CDs I made over twenty years ago out of parts of individual racks to fit the space available on a shelf in one of the top cupboards, in the big wall unit in our front room. They are above my collection of piano sheet music and some favourite vinyl albums, the rest of which I keep in a unit in our box bedroom. There's some other CDs in a drawer and some cassettes.

P1030163.JPG

I must confess I rarely play any.

I have in the past burned my own CDs to play in the car, but I don't very often even play them, unless I'm stuck in a jam somewhere. I rarely turn on the radio.

This is really a throw-back to my time at work. I had the ability to not think about work, immediately I started on my journey home each day.

However, on my way to work the following day, I would plan out my day and go through stuff that might need my attention when I got in. To have the radio on or play CDs I considered to be a distraction.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
We still buy DVDs but they're ultra hd and i play my CDs when I'm in the kitchen doing dinner or baking. Never have the radio on anymore.
Streaming films lose the quality of hd so we don't do it, but we hardly get a chance to watch one anyway.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I too never bother with radio and the Infotainment kit/screen in our Skoda Yeti is just an electronic ornament waiting to go wrong. Our Yeti also has the automatic stop/start which I detest so it gets switched off for every journey; it's actually the only part of our car we dislike; I'd have preferred it off by default to save switching it off; the Infotainment I can easily ignore.

I've not bought a CD or DVD for years.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
The last two DVD's I bought were "Blade Runner 2049" and the last Jason Bourne movie.

However I confess to buying a box set a few of years ago of a series I'd watched on TV. There were six series so it is 18 DVDS.
I've watched them all since ..twice!

It was this one, starring Timothy Olyphant, in "Justified."

It has a wide appeal as there's an ongoing sub-plot, a romantic element between Raylan and his ex-wife Winona.

Someone made this video of clips, which has had many positive comments from lovers of the show.
The music choice to accompany them is quite appropriate.

Last edited:

Ask a Question