What a wonderful world.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

It's easy to complain and moan but we have a lot to be happy about; summer's here in the UK and we can get outside to potter around; what a wonderful world we live in.

Kind regards, Colin.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

can't see the first video.

What a shame Esther; it's "What a wonderful World by David Attenborough".

You're most welcome Logan.

Many performers copied each other Sean; some better than others; it comes down to taste in the end?

Some songs though stick in my head for days on end once I've heard them again; YouTube is brilliant for music videos; I've created a number of playlists of our favorites which we often play.

At the moment we're watching dozens of episodes of "What's My Line" the American series; no violence; no backstabbing and no swearing just good old fashioned family entertainment; pity most on TV these days is absolute rubbish.

Kind regards, colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What a shame Esther; it's "What a wonderful World by David Attenborough".

You're most welcome Logan.

Many performers copied each other Sean; some better than others; it comes down to taste in the end?

Some songs though stick in my head for days on end once I've heard them again; YouTube is brilliant for music videos; I've created a number of playlists of our favorites which we often play.

At the moment we're watching dozens of episodes of "What's My Line" the American series; no violence; no backstabbing and no swearing just good old fashioned family entertainment; pity most on TV these days is absolute rubbish.

Kind regards, colin.

I ripped a lot of music videos on YouTube as mp3s at one time, not so many these days. Then put them on a stick and put them in the side of a TV, to play through the TV speakers or in my Humax HDR and play throughh my hi-fi. I must have over 3000 tracks. Most people who do the same, will have many thousands more.

Then there's my jukebox wall boxes, where I can put in a coin select some recordings and they play mp3s via an adapter, va i-Tunes play list on a second hand third generation i-pod and then through my vintage hi-fi. Though many others I have are from my own CDs, others I originally downloaded from either Napster or AudioGalaxy, when they still existed. So some are about 20 years old.

As for TV I watch very little live. I'm tired of rubbish programmes fronted by so called celebrities. Dumbed down programmes like BBC Breakfast and "The One Show" I find unwatchable. Flicking across channels the other morning I couldn't believe they had the "Breakfast red sofa" in a naffin' farmyard. Why?
I read a letter in the paper the other day where a reader said "Naga Munchetty was the most irritating person on TV ." I agree and Matt Baker, Alex Jones, Kate Humble and Helen Skelton, just as bad.
BBC Daytime TV is a joke.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Well said Sean. First thing this morning I was watching TIG welding videos on YouTube they being of great interest to me; then I switched over to normal TV for BBC 1 News to find guys kicking a ball around again; if it wasn't for YouTube I'd brick our telly; why are we forced to pay for a TV licence that only applies to BBC which now puts out as much rubbish as the rest of the channels. Naga is brilliant compared to many of the other overpaid idiots. What happened to feel good movies; these are now replaced by endless violence and foul language; is it so surprising our younger generation practice what they see on TV?

I have a mini hi-fi in the workshop but it only plays CD's so limited to about twenty tracks; I've tried loading MP3 to CD cramming on about 200 tracks but with very poor playback; I'll eventually upgrade to a stick player but I'm too tight at the moment.

I've some more laurel stumps waiting to be dug up and I find this far more interesting than what is now entertainment on TV.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
My favourite version of "Over the Rainbow," is by jazz tenor saxophonist, the late Ben Webster.

So much expressive emotion can be produced by this instrument in the right hands, unfortunately, nowhere near it in mine.

If you liked this you might like this.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
The quality of the original recordings might be the problem.

YouTube videos are fine for downloading "throway" recordings as mp3s, as the quality is variable as the audio is compressed. The best versions to download are the "Official videos."

Some which individuals upload from their own recordings aren't as good, particularly those from 45rpm or 78rpm records.
Like this decades old one from an album of mine I uploaded. But for a little known tune by an unfamilar musician to most, it has had surprisingly more than, 20,000 hits and a lot of positive comments.

Ask a Question