weird dots on crown of thorns

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is no way I can be sure about this, and would very much welcome someone else`s opinion @Chuck , but it could be the start of a mealy bug infestation. I cannot think of anything else.
If I were you I`d wash all the leaves with warm soapy water and a cotton wool pad to clear all of that off, without making the compost wet.
This plant quite likes the same kind of conditions as cactus plants do ......... I`ve learned a thing or two about those things as him indoors aka Lord Awful has hundreds of them !
1603380086034.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
thanks I bought some neep? oil and sprayed it real well and removed all the yellow leaves and quite a few raggedy stems. There are way to many leaves to try to wash individually not to mention the thorns :O It has spread to the smaller crowns and I washed all them it doesn't seem to be interested in the other plants yet so I guess I will wait and see :geek:

Reaction score
Country
United States

Crown of Thorns Plant (Euphorbia Milii) Indoor Care Guide

The Crown of Thorns Plant (Euphorbia milii) is a broadleaf evergreen semi-succulent shrub and a member of a large Euphorbia genus. It is native to Madagascar and grows in tropical climates worldwide. It’s quite popular as a houseplant since it requires little care and thrives indoors.
Euphorbia milii is a hardy plant. It can survive extremely unfavorable conditions and still come out looking lush and colorful.
You can propagate Euphorbia milii from tip cuttings but let sap dry before placing the cutting in a growing medium.
  1. Cut the apex of a healthy stem with a lush crown of bracts.
  2. Remove the bottom leaves and insert the stem into moist soil (after waiting for the sap to dry).
  3. Keep the soil moist and place the container somewhere sunny and warm.
  4. The plant will grow roots and new shoots from the cut end of the stem.

Comprehensive video guide on how to take care

Ask a Question