Weeds and rocks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Are you saying that pouring boiling water over weeds will kill them? That would be fantastic, I've never heard that before. Please - tell us more!
Yes it will effectively kill weeds you don't want. It will also kill things you do want

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a 0-5 degrees Celcius.
Country
United States
Will that work if I JUST pour boiling water onto roots? I have some cut roots of plants that I dont want in my garden. How long should it take to affect roots!?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a 0-5 degrees Celcius.
Country
United States
These are not tree roots per say but rather large bush roots that have gone down gaps in concrete.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a 0-5 degrees Celcius.
Country
United States
So how would you advise I get rid of these roots. I could snip them right at the concrete but when I finally setup my planting bed properly (add top soils and plants etc) I would be concerned they would grown back. Please note there are no stumps any more just a few roots.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So how would you advise I get rid of these roots. I could snip them right at the concrete but when I finally setup my planting bed properly (add top soils and plants etc) I would be concerned they would grown back. Please note there are no stumps any more just a few roots.
Those roots will not resprout or start growing again. They are DEAD. Just let them rot. But if you must drill some 1/2" holes in them and fill the holes with potassium nitrate. You can get it at any decent nursery. Spectracide, Hi Yield, Bonide and others market the stuff as stump removers. It turns the wood into a fibrous cellulose which will rot and burn easily.

Ask a Question