Wayford Woods Today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Poor little fairies! They should be allowed to choose places they like the most.
To all fairies: remember, you're always very welcome here, in my area:D:D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Beautiful pictures, BTW. I love the pond views. I always love seeing water in it's "natural" form. I also loved the fairy houses, especially the one with the door that had a lock on it. I guess maybe fairies are starting to move into rough neighborhoods, hence the need to lock their homes. :confused:

We see trees here that have hollow spots in them and I've always thought they were for fairies, or maybe Keebler elves. My husband and I always joke about them. It's funny to see that others think the same thing and have taken the time too embellish them!!

Where is this, BTW?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Beautiful pictures, BTW. I love the pond views. I always love seeing water in it's "natural" form. I also loved the fairy houses, especially the one with the door that had a lock on it. I guess maybe fairies are starting to move into rough neighborhoods, hence the need to lock their homes. :confused:

We see trees here that have hollow spots in them and I've always thought they were for fairies, or maybe Keebler elves. My husband and I always joke about them. It's funny to see that others think the same thing and have taken the time too embellish them!!

Where is this, BTW?

Ta all :)

Wayford is in Somerset :)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...2!3m1!1s0x487271cea7cd268b:0x1461744f8f5a1795

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hey Zigs, have you ever thought of giving tours. Your neck of the woods is so beautiful. Maybe you could put together a tour group from the forum.

I'm thoroughly enjoying your "virtual" tour. You seem to have the perfect conditions for gardening, and can't beat the scenery. Plus, your accent would really appeal to all of us here in the states. It's a shame we can't hear you narrate your posts! :(

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a bit shy for tours, unless i've had a few :D

I'll try to do a video next time i'm out and about :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Galmal.....what is it that Americans like about British accents? My son lives in the states and he says people are always saying they love his accent. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Galmal.....what is it that Americans like about British accents? My son lives in the states and he says people are always saying they love his accent. :)
It's hard to explain. First of all, I guess it's just different. It sounds more "upper-crust" and formal. Plus we like your use of different words, like flat for apartment, boot instead of truck, chips instead of fries. It's just a refreshing change of pace, I guess. We're also really partial to Australian and New Zealand accents, no offense intended, but probably more than British.

I'm guessing from your question, that this fascination doesn't go both ways - that the English aren't enamored of American accents?? :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I worked with a beautiful woman who was from Britain, and we were teamed to support computer shows, with me. Her choice of words, accidental or not, provided weeks worth of laughs, embarrassment and oh, so much fun. She was married, to someone else - but I still loved her lilted accent.

I recall one incident, where she was leaving the bar, after a few, and asked if I would walk her out. I of course said yes, and she reminded me, quite loudly in a suburban DC bar, back in the early 1980's - to "knock her up, in the am, twice in a row, if need be." After the bar calmed down and several patrons offered to help her, there and then, we quickly exited and she explained, and although reddened by the response she received - laughed, that she meant for me to make a wake up call or two when I woke, the next morning.

We had many more exchanges, similar to this one, and enjoyed our time together - much to the amusement of everyone around us.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I was working with NY University guys in Turkey, got a similar response when I asked my brit mate if I could bum a fag off of him (Pinch a cigarette)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
It's hard to explain. First of all, I guess it's just different. It sounds more "upper-crust" and formal. Plus we like your use of different words, like flat for apartment, boot instead of truck, chips instead of fries. It's just a refreshing change of pace, I guess. We're also really partial to Australian and New Zealand accents, no offense intended, but probably more than British.

I'm guessing from your question, that this fascination doesn't go both ways - that the English aren't enamored of American accents?? :D

There are regional accents here as there are in America and believe me some of those accents would not be considered upper crust including my own, I am not Manx. :D

No, we don't respond to American accents the way you respond to ours for some reason, I think it could be because we hear it so often on television programmes. A lot of our tv, for many years has consisted of American programmes. No offence meant but there are some American accents I find quite harsh, but no doubt you feel the same about some of ours. :) I think the British are more likely to be enthralled by a Scandinavian or European accent.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I think the Romanian accent is the most sexy :)

Ask a Question