Watermelon growing strange leaves

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Greetings everyone!
So i'm trying to grow watermelons for tbe first time and one of the vines are growing very different leaves aside from the normal ones, should i cut them down?
20230527_072759.jpg

Attachments

• 20230527_072806.jpg
    20230527_072806.jpg
    529.8 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
Country
Japan
The plant looks like a squash plant and not recommended to be grown near melons.
They indeed look like squash leaves, but they are growing from the watermelon stem, as you may see from the second image attached

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a possibility that your plants are the result of genetic editing. There are some very strange things happening in the food trade. We live in strange times. Nature did ok on its own.

Reaction score
Country
Japan
There is a possibility that your plants are the result of genetic editing. There are some very strange things happening in the food trade. We live in strange times. Nature did ok on its own.
I got a similar answer, this cultivar could be a hybrid that for some reason is showing traits of another plant used to crossbreed it

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I had a look for dimorphism, and found this link for you @RochaL
Wow Thank you very much!, that is interesting and this might be what is happening to my vine, anyway i'll leave it be and see what it may produce.

Ask a Question