Waterfalls and stone ornaments

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I have seen so many great ones and they all look inviting. I would love to have a rock pool or a waterfall in my garden but I have heard that maintenance is a big headache...it might seem worthwhile though

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
We have a really small garden but we are starting to plant different kinds and sizes of foliages; we even planted a fruit-bearing tree. Although tiny, it is an open garden and it's fun to see birds and butterflies flying around. Once, when my mother watered the plants, a puddle was left around the center and the birds used it as a bath. My father thought that maybe we could put one, but like I've said, we have little space. Do you have any suggestions as an alternative to those statuesque bird baths? Thanks!:)

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
there are some really compact looking water features that are narrow and tall rather than wide and they fit perfectly into a small place.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven't done it yet, but we have an area we are thinking of turning into a waterfall area. It's in a corner tucked up by the house next to the sliding door that leads to our room. We are thinking of getting large sandstone rocks and stacking them. Around here, we can just drive around or something and there are big ones everywhere. Our only problem has been that we don't agree on how we want to do it!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love the sound of water in the garden. I don't think there's anything more serene or peaceful. I had a fountain. Bugs didn't pose much of a problem of course the fountain was away from our sitting area quite a distance. The biggest problem I had was the snake who liked to Sun himself on the rocks on top. He wasn't poisonous just made me jump when I didn't expect him there.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here is my pond and falls. The falls are hard to see in the picture but they (5 of them) come off of a 45 foot stream that runs to the top of the hill. If you look closely you can see one at the top and one going into the pond. The rest are too hard to see
pond and garden.JPG

Ask a Question