Milestone year for me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
This year is a big milestone for me. Yesterday I applied for my social security check, as I will be of age to get full amount. And my house is one payment away from being totally ours, paid off, and not the banks, so by August its paid off. And I am suppose to find a date this year of when to retire from work. That last one is not mandatory, but still a hovering issue as I like my job. Just thought I'd share with you all. I think I need some balloons .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hearty congrats on reaching old age where you can look forward to the excitement of hearing loss and senility. Of aches and pains you have never had the enjoyment of suffering through before. The absolute joy of not understanding why you are in the store nor remembering what it is that you need. All in all a great and fine time to be alive.:happy:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
@Chuck , already have the aches and pains. both my parents had arthritis so they have gifted me with that special inheritance already, been on meds for it. But love it when my 30 year old staff forget stuff, so I am still ok in that area. and that is what pen and paper are for. as far as hearing loss, my husband will take care of that if I need a hearing aid. Thanks Chuck.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Congratulations @Esther Knapicius! It is a time of so many possibilities and it will be what you make of it. Yes, i think a marching band is in order, and how about a cupcake?
girl and cupcake.gif

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
This year is a big milestone for me. Yesterday I applied for my social security check, as I will be of age to get full amount. And my house is one payment away from being totally ours, paid off, and not the banks, so by August its paid off. And I am suppose to find a date this year of when to retire from work. That last one is not mandatory, but still a hovering issue as I like my job. Just thought I'd share with you all. I think I need some balloons .

If you like your job and can walk without any help or pain, carry on working. Nowadays, people live to 100! Out mortgage was paid off in 2007 and the house was bought in 1995. What took you so long!?:LOL:

Mind you, mine is a poky little 3 bedroom, not a big piece of land over which you run around with a camcorder! Hehe! I remember that. I am happy with my lot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
If you like your job and can walk without any help or pain, carry on working. Nowadays, people live to 100! Out mortgage was paid off in 2007 and the house was bought in 1995. What took you so long!
Tax wise, its better to have a mortgage. and our interest rates were only 2.85. I know your tax laws or rules are a little different. We are now seeking a second home to get another mortgage. Its always better to use others money and not your own, to save your money.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My philosophy is that it's best to have a roof over your head and paying off your mortgage is always regarded as best bet. However, each to his/her own.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My philosophy is that it's best to have a roof over your head and paying off your mortgage is always regarded as best bet. However, each to his/her own.
Agree, then again I'm a little poor. (paycheck to paycheck) But we get by. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We took out a mortgage in '82' and paid it all off in '95', it's a weight of our shoulders....hate the thought of owning anyone money.

If you love your job then I would say keep going....why not.?

Wish I could still work as much as I use to ,absolutely adored my job, but arthritis , osteoporosis of the spine and working with ( and chasing after) very young pre schoolers don't mix well. I still manage to work school holidays with the older children.....but I shouldn't say it....I really miss the tiny tots:cry:

So if you love your work and are able to carry it out ...continue!

We've been toying with the idea of a 2nd house for years now, looked at property in France, but will now settle for one here, probably slightly smaller as we rattle around here since all the children left home. But fortunately we wouldn't have to take out another mortgage.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, £300K for a castle in France with acres of land and with good food and wine, all seems very inviting. With Brexit, it might be better to buy one here. But unless you use your children's names, you will have to pay a lot for stamp duty. Hope your children are not going to squabble over the house in the future. Friend gave their house to the eldest and now the younger one feels very hard done by. Coming to money, nobody is too close, not even bloodline ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
No squabbles, they all have equal shares. They are all treated the same...no favourites :LOL::ROFLMAO:...well most of the time ( only joking:LOL:)

Ask a Question