Waterfalls and stone ornaments

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I think a garden can be made beautiful with a few plants and trees and also a waterfall somewhere in the garden, preferably in the centre. I have also seen stone ornaments like cherubs and other items that have been painted to match the garden.
Have you got any ideas with stone ornaments and waterfalls that you can share?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I have a waterfall, a birdbath and a few artifacts.

DSC03773.JPG

wtrfall2.jpg

Attachments

• wtrfall2.jpg
    wtrfall2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 394
  • DSC03773.JPG
    DSC03773.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 450
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I love the sound of running water, I sit out at night when the world has gone to sleep and listen to the water. When I get to my laptop I'll post pic. of my little pond and the water pump fountain

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm not a big fan of stone ornaments. In my opinion they look good only in giant palace gardens.
As for waterfalls, I think they're beautiful and I'd love to have one:)

Something like this would be perfect:love::love::

Home-Waterfall-Garden-Design-Ideas-600x400.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
We used to have a fountain in our garden and then we placed it in our terrace and then we placed it in the backyard storage. The fountain is now gone but the pedestal still remains for it can be used as coffee table somehow. That fountain we cute and guests would marvel at it. However, the water was used by mosquitoes to breed. That's the reason for its removal.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
That's great. I must say that I have a fountain but it only looks nice with the floating candles in it and we sometimes put fake lillies in there to brighten it up too.

Reaction score
exteriors002_zps482c5780.jpg

i made this last year. it's kinda waterfall-ish. i had plants in the bowls last year, but this time i didn't fool with them.

the only stones are rocks around the pond. 4 of those have holes drilled in them with a tube running through it, so they're like spitters into the pond also.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Water fountain in the garden is a dream garden for me! I love listening to the running water, and watching it. With beautiful flowers around, who can say that they don't enjoy seeing? It is fantastic and perfect.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I absolutely love water fountains as well and the more natural they look, the better for me. I have an aunt in law that likes to buy junk at thrift stores and swap meets and then turn these items into works of art, like water fountains and wind chimes. She is very creative and can take nothing and make that nothing into something beautiful. I would never think that old discarded spoons and stuff like that would make a beautiful windchime...or that tin cans and bowls would make a pretty fountain.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I love waterfalls and fountains and they say that it is lucky to have a waterfall or fountain in the front of your garden to bring you luck. Has anyone tried the feng shui method with their fountains and has it worked.?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I unfortunately don’t have any waterfalls but I do like decorating my garden with statues. I love putting angel statues and beautiful benches in my garden. It isn’t big enough to have a lot of garden décor but just enough to make it personalized.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I like the natural rock-looking waterfalls in gardens the best. Something that blends in with the other plants to me is ideal. Something like this for instance:

relaxing-backyard-and-garden-waterfalls-28.jpg

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I also love to hear the water rushing thru the rocks, it is a good place to sit and contemplate. I would be a little concerned about the bugs the water would attract during the summer. I like large boulders in yards, that is a powerful statement to me.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow. Those are some neat fountains in those photos. A waterfall can only add beauty and peace to a garden so it's a sure winner. Add some lights here and there and together they make a lovely night spot to chill out and watch stars or just reflect on the past day. Great idea having a waterfall. It doesn't even have to take up a lot of space either. You can tuck it away in a corner or make it central. It will still have a huge effect.

Ask a Question