Was bad sod laid?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,

I had sod laid down in our front and back yard for our new build last Thursday. So 4 days ago now. When I heard it was laid I came right home and soaked the grass. About an hour worth of watering in each section. Since then I've been watering it every morning and evening. And with the grass still being soaked in some areas Ive moved to only in the mornings and evenings if its dry. The problem is is that some "rolls" of the grass look a lot better than other rolls. I'm thinking that we may have got a bad batch. Can you take a look and tell me what you think?

https://goo.gl/photos/E2X5Ua2bbfNWs82WA

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Florida 9b
Country
United States
Looks like some good fertilizer is needed, try weed and feed or a miracle grow. It could just be the ground under the sod and the answer for that is the same, fertilizer. Patience and care it will get green again.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I was not able to access the photos but what I can say is that it could mean that the nutrients are not evenly distributed within the substrate. You can go round this by applying Magnesium sulphate in the form of a foliar feed to the grass which would stimulate photosynthesis and greening. They are also available as Epsom salts. Try to get the concentration right in order to avoid overdosing. Liming is another solution since if the problem is due to acidity it would a neutralised and free up nutrients which are not bioavailable to the plants.

Ask a Question