Want to eat some pretty flowers?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
That's a useful link. I know Hibiscus is a flower that has health properties.I have several plants but have not so far thought of using them in salads.

hibiscus.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Somewhere I have some poetry I wrote about Yellow hibiscus, haiku I believe, I'll have to try and find it. I have hibiscus, I'll have to try some, I know they are fed to Galapagos tortoises.. I have seen them referred to as biscuit bushes,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
I remembered another edible flower I have had experience with, Yucca aliofolia, also known as Spanish bayonet. The blossoms are a nice addition to salad. We used the plants in a protective hedge as the bayonet like leaves have a very sharp tip. The leaves are strong and persistent. They could be used as a weapon.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
The only one in my garden is nasturtions. They grow easily and quite dramatically, look great in the garden, look great in a salad and provide a taste sensation..... a winner all round. I do have a problem with onion weed and was told it was good in salads.I tried but it doesn't work for me.

Ask a Question