Virgin TV

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We have two Virgin Tivo boxes, but for a while, the picture goes a bit pixilated on both for fractions of a second.
I mentioned this fact to a Virgin engineer who was working across the road a couple of weeks ago, who said the boxes need changing.
So I decided we'd get them to provide the later models.

We've thought about changing before, but my wife had about twenty different episodes of several drama serials recorded on the hard drive in the box in the lounge, "that she hadn't got round to watching."
These of course can't be saved when you change boxes. But she finally relented to the change.
Recordings on my Humax tuner/recorders can be saved to an external hard drive. But you can only record Freeview programmes. So I will lose a few.

"Communication" these days is a bit of an oxymoron, 'cos no big company wants to talk to you.

After hanging on for ages yesterday, I got through to that, "Indian guy with a very strong accent, who works from home in the foothills of the Himalayas with poor internet/phone connection, working for every big company."
He did try to be helpful, but I said asking me to get on my hands and knees to crawl behind the TV to read the serial number off the back of the boxes, wasn't going to happen.

Anyway, as is often the case, after he'd contacted someone who could actually make a decision, I eventually got a call back to say that I was being sent two new Virgin 360 boxes.
Now, the web-site tells you how to set these up yourself. I expect I could, but as I'm paying £74 a month, they can come and do it. I'm in no real hurry.
The boxes are due this afternoon according to the tracking.
"My Indian friend" (I say that, as I've spent so much time on the phone with him), is going to ring me tonight to arrange for an engineer to call.

I'm curious as to what I was expected to do with the old boxes if I'd installed the new boxes myself. Maybe it will say in the parcel.

It's cost £24 to change, but I didn't mind.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
The boxes arrived yesterday at 6.00pm. I didn't get a call-back, so made one myself. After hanging on for ages, probably for the reasons I've mentioned before. They are coming tomorrow "Between 8.00 am and 1.00pm," to install the boxes. They never come at 8.00 am. But I need to be there, or I'll get charged £25 for not keeping the appointment.

Ask a Question