Vegetable Garden Journal?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
So today, I decided to begin keeping a log or journal of the doings in my vegetable garden. Not every move, but at least some of the highlights such as production of the various crops and other notable happenings. The thing is I can’t remember details over time or better yet my memory plays tricks on me to where the truth gets mostly lost along the way or at least modified. A journal, the hope is, will allow me to see things that work and things that don’t ultimately helping me to make more informed choices in the future.

Anyone else out there keep a journal? If so, do you find value in doing so?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I've been keeping a journal for close to 40 years. I record weather mainly, wind, rain, severe weather, temps etc. Also any unusual happening such as insect plagues, dates of different types of insects showing up. I also record the different varieties of plants I plant and everything that goes on with them. A journal can be a very helpful thing, especially as one gets older and one's memory starts to go downhill.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Agree, keeping a journal is both valuable and easy to do. Planting dates, seed types, sources, harvest info, etc. as well as problem manifestations are all valuable to look back on years later.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone use an app for journaling?

I found a bunch of gardening journals, but wasn't sure if using an app would be better than going with a book.

Ask a Question