Indoor vegetable garden

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all!

I have very little outdoor space and am looking to start a small indoor vegetable garden. The vegetables I would like to grow are jalapenos, cucumbers, garlic, and okra. I'm looking for advice on the type of lighting to use, and any tips on a good setup. Also any general tips because I have never successfully grown anything before. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Any veggie grown indoors needs as much sunlight as possible. Okra can get pretty tall, and cucumbers MUST have a trellis and plenty of climbing space.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Veggies need sun from dawn til dusk. Grow lights however, can be purchased. Maybe check eBay for those.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Any veggie grown indoors needs as much sunlight as possible. Okra can get pretty tall, and cucumbers MUST have a trellis and plenty of climbing space.
I'm checking out some indoor LED grow lights to use. I have read a little about those online and the consensus seems to be that they are the best type of light when taking cost and performance into consideration. I think space wise I will be able to set up an appropriate growing area for okra, jalapenos, and garlic, but maybe not cucumbers at this time. Thank you!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Perhaps you can find a type of okra type that is not so large that will save you a little space. (y) Just a thought. Good luck! ;)

Ask a Question