"URINE"

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Urine contains urea which as you know is good for the green part of any plant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I am not sure about peeing in my yard. The neighbors might not like it.

I would prefer to stick with my rabbit manure.

http://riseandshinerabbitry.com/2012/03/31/the-benefits-and-uses-of-rabbit-manure/
Is that your rabbitry? I kept rabbits (for meat and yes, manure) as a kid. They are an underrated animal, for sure.

You don't actually have to go out and squat on (or stand over) your bales to get urine on them. Just saying. ;) A 5-gallon bucket in the home loo works just fine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
There's a free PDF booklet online called "Humanure"--it's excellent. I compost everything now, inc. the dog's feces. Can get a composting toilet like savvy Rv'ers have, or compost in a simple way. GREAT article. Human waste is way more natural and uncontaminated then the nursery's fertilizers. In the bathroom, you can pee in anything which has a spout, then pour it into a jug with a cap. When I get a gallon, it goes into the garden, diluted. I read that the urea evaporates quickly, so water it in right away, or use it on a rainy day. And it saves 4-6 gallons of water per toilet flush, plus eliminates the expense of being treated in a waste management facility, which uses water, and we're in a major drought here. In third world countries, human manure is put out in the fields, RAW eww, but composting it is fast and easy. Makes me happy that my vitamin supplements don't get wasted on just me :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
headfullofbees, I believe what you said that woodash and urine is all the garden needs (I'd add manure too). I gave my orange tree ashes and it stopped the bad cracking in the orange's skin, I think it was a magnesium deficiency. Diatomacious earth I like too, but too expensive. I read it gets rids of worms in dogs, there's a food grade, WAY too expensive for me.

Ask a Question