Dog urine

Jamie Calloway

Fruitalicious
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Didn't see where this question had been asked before. I have two squirrel dogs in a pen outside, about every two months or so I change out the hay that's in there. Can I use that hay as compost? I know the dog poop would not be good but will the urine burn up my vegetables? I usually just throw it out in the woods but would love to be able to recycle it if I could.
Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
No sir please don't use your dog urine on the garden, certainly not on anything edible , dog urine and excrement carries harmful bacteria and I would recommend you burn it, you could use the ashes from the fire though, good source of potash I believe.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
No, carnivore urine or feces soaked hay is not great for gardens. Too much nitrogen I believe.

Jamie Calloway

Fruitalicious
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I did not know that about urine but I knew that dog feces has some parasites that are zoonotic so I certainly would not want to risk that.
Thanks yall

Ask a Question