Country
United Kingdom
P1040357.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Is it a rose? It looks like a regular peony to me:) I've always loved peonies, they're beautiful plants, my parents have many of them in their garden. They look heavenly gorgeous! I wish they bloomed more often than once a year.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Claudine it is my peony rose I have always known them of peonŷ rose.

Yes a regular Peony

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Claudine it is my peony rose I have always known them of peonŷ rose.

Yes a regular Peony
This is a little confusing:p I always thought that roses and peonies are completely different plants. In Poland, we have different names for them.

Like Firelily99, I'd love to see it in bloom, I'm sure it will look beautiful!:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I love peonies, too ! My mother had a row of them growing in our yard when i was growing up, and she had the light pink/cream ones, the deep pink ones, and some that were a very dark, rich red color, and we had some awesome bouquets from them every year. She had wooden frames around the plants because when they were in bloom, the blossoms were to heavy that the stems couldn't begin to hold the flowers up. Even so, they cascaded over the frames, and draped over the sides.
The bouquets of peonies would fill the house with the most wonderful, delicate fragrance.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I completely agree, their scent is lovely. When I was a teenager, I used to wear peony perfumes. I remember I loved them, they were making me feel extremely feminine:) I still have a soft spot for this scent.
My parents' peonies don't bloom yet, I can't wait to see the flowers!:)

Reaction score
What a beauty! I had no idea what peony roses were, I had to google them to find some really nice pics:

peony_rose_mixture__23369.jpg

paeonia_edulus_superba__10177.jpg

paeonia_pink_twinkle__79970.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
These pictures are beautiful, Trellum! :)
The peonies in the last picture look a little weird to me though. They're pretty, but I've never seen a variety like this in real life. All peonies I know are either white or pink.

Ask a Question