Unique ideas that turned into either beautiful or ugly garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, I must say that these beds look comfortable. But I'm a traditional person, I'd rather lie on grass than lie on grass that grows on a bed:p

This toy planter looks kind of cute, doesn't it?:

7004_3412_large.jpg

Reaction score
Claudine - that toy planter is certainly a very cute idea and am sure it would have plenty of appeal to those with children - but its not quite my taste.

How about this very simple but extremely original idea of how to make a really striking feature out of an old tree stump and make it look really pretty

strange garden pots on tree .jpg

I really love it and think this is a great idea - what about you - what do you think of it ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love it! It looks gorgeous and very unique. The only thing that worries me is that it must be very difficult to water the plants that grow at the top of the tree stump. I'm scared of heights, so I doubt if I'd manage to do it. But it doesn't change the fact that it's a wonderful idea.

Reaction score
claudine - Haha - strangely enough hadn't thought about the watering aspect - probably because I liked the look of it so much - I totally forgot about the practical side - but would have to seriously think about getting someone else to do the watering for me if I had one - especially as I too don't like heights - but either way - I really love this idea :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, I know, I usually forget about the practical side too, especially when I see something beautiful:D
I really love this idea of attaching flower pots to walls, in my opinion it looks very pretty:

21614078.jpg

Reaction score
claudine - oh how I agree with you it does look really pretty - but am chuckling slightly - as its something that is done in almost every street - in every town and village where I live, so I see it on a very regular basis - however although it always looks very pretty wherever you go, even though the variety of pots may change - the type of plant never does and as the most popular plants for these wall pots are geraniums - I do get to see an awful lot of geraniums

This is what many of the streets where I live look like

Flower pots on the wall in Spain.jpg

flower pots spain0.jpg

flower pots andalucia.jpg

As you can see there are an awful lot of geraniums in those pots - and you know even though some of them are in really difficult places to reach - they all get watered :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, Gata Montes, you live in a magical place, it must be wonderful to walk on these streets and to see all the flowerpots!:love: I've never seen anything like it in my area. Maybe I should start a new trend:D. It would be lovely to live in a house decorated with flowering plants!

Reaction score
claudine - oh it is and its always a beautiful site to see and I often spend longer than I should walking down these streets admiring the plants and looking for the new additions, of which at certain times of year there are many - sometimes so many that you can barely see the walls any more - because they are totally covered by potted plants :)
I think it would be a lovely idea to try and introduce it where you live - especially as having experienced it - can honestly say that there is no better way of lifting your spirits on a dull day - than seeing streets like these full of houses covered in flowering pots :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I can imagine how wonderful it must be:) I would like to introduce it where I live, but in my area we don't have streets like this. Every house is surrounded with a garden.

However, I think I could make this, it's a really lovely idea, I'd love to decorate my fence with these flower pots:

flower-pot-plant-conter-planter-1.jpg

Reaction score
claudine - oh it is and I think its such a shame that you can't introduce it where you live - but am sure as everyones houses are surrounded by gardens that it must look very pretty where you live too - but think attaching pots to the fences would be a lovely alternative :)

Do you mean something like this ?

Flower-Pots-on-the-Fence.jpg

I think it would look lovely - but think I would perhaps prefer a slightly different color of pot - what do you think ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It looks lovely! Like you probably remember, blue is not my favorite color, but, surprisingly, I really like these blue and green flowerpots.

As for my area, I love it, I love our big gardens and houses. I'm pretty sure I'll never get bored with them. But of course it's also nice to travel to new places and to see other beautiful cities:)

Reaction score
I love these threads. I get so many great ideas!

The piano is fabulous. As a hobbyist musician myself I would love a piano flowerbed in my yard, and you see them being given away free on Craigslist to anyone willing to move them often enough that I just might do that one of these days. I like the floppy disk planters too. I'm an old-school tech geek and I certainly have plenty of those laying around that I wouldn't mind putting to use, not for in the garden but as potted plants on my desk or mounted on the wall in my home office.

I think my favorite part about living in a historic home in a town full of quirky and colorful Victorians is the ability to get away with a little oddity in the garden without crossing any lines or standing out in a bad way.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Cammie27, I'm glad that you like this thread:) Your area sounds like a wonderful place!

I found something really gorgeous, I'm sure everyone here will like it too:

Picture-4.png

These plants and flower pots look like a piece of art, don't they? I love how simple and tidy this decoration is. I find it perfect:love::love:

Reaction score
claudine - Although like you I think this is a lovely idea and love how neat and minimalistic it looks :) but am chuckling once again - because as I'm not very tall and I don't think you are either - watering them could be a bit of a problem - as I have a sneaking suspicion that a step ladder would be needed every time they needed watering :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, you are right, I'm rather short too:p. I guess I'd just jump on the sofa to reach the flower pots:LOL:. Or I'd ask somebody taller than me to water these lovely plants. It looks so nice, I'd hate to give up on it for practical reasons.

I think that buying hydrogel could be a good solution too. As far as I know, plants that grow in it don't need to be watered:

msg0902431210304.jpg

Ask a Question