Trees, trees, trees ..

Which 5 of the following trees would you like to have in your property please? Vote open for 7 days

• Total voters

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Come to think of it, I have failed to include a lot of lovely trees - oak, beech, maple ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Would love to have include Oak tree though. Such an important tree for wildlife and a lot of other things.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Come to think of it, I have failed to include a lot of lovely trees - oak, beech, maple ..
Don't forget those delicious persimmons! I love raking leaves because the persimmons are ripe! And I am going to ask a question about a monkey puzzle tree, because we have what I was told was a monkey puzzle but now I am not so sure. Mine has frosted tips on the branches. I will get a picture up ... soonish.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
As we can't grow persimmons here, they tend to be not ripe enough when picked. When they are ripe, they are delicious. But we don't have a lot of them back home. @DirtMechanic You're so lucky to have those and after that have tons of leaf mould.. I so want to make my own leaf mould. In the end, I burned some of the bags of leaves I collected. I will mow the rest and compost them properly.

I saw one Monkey puzzle tree reduced to £20. A rare sale event,but I was too mean! Cry me a river!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
So far, Acer palmatum is the winner.. Good choice, guys!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Have you voted, @Mark56 ? It's at the beginning of the thread. Another user showed me how to use it, so I used it for a bit of survey, a bit of fun! Badly needed in a dreary, dull dank day. ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Have you voted, @Mark56 ? It's at the beginning of the thread. Another user showed me how to use it, so I used it for a bit of survey, a bit of fun! Badly needed in a dreary, dull dank day. ;)

There is no cherry option, unless my eyes are deceiving me with tiredness from Hydrotherapy today :eek: voted Peach because that blossom is gorgeous too.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I know. After messing about and conjuring up that many trees, I then realised that I had no cherry trees or oak! Very bad of me. Why did you need hydrotherapy, if you don't mind my asking, Mark?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I know. After messing about and conjuring up that many trees, I then realised that I had no cherry trees or oak! Very bad of me. Why did you need hydrotherapy, if you don't mind my asking, Mark?

Still having tests 5 years on but docs believe it is Spondylitis in my spine, a relative of rheumatoid arthritis. It's a good job I have help for digging the borders and heavy lifting here although frustrating but such is life! Always people worse off I think :)

Cherry Kanzan on the grass verge down the road here:

IMG_0157.JPG

And a close relative's crab apple:

IMG_4384.jpg

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
rheumatoid arthritis.. is quite frightening. Arthritis itself is frightening, but rheumatoid is even more crippling. Spondylitis sounds like painful. Hope you have proper exercises to ease the the pain. Those cherry trees are gorgeous! Now, you've made my test look very inadequate.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
There is a lot you could add, magnolias are beautiful when on bloom, I especially love pink saucers.

But if I can only choose 5 I'm sticking to fruit bearing trees. They can keep you fed if times get rough! That and I LOVE LOVE LOVE mango!

Ask a Question