Tomato wilting

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I have several tomato plants beside each other, getting same sun and same water. One is not doing as well and looks like it is wilting. Any suggestion?

Attachments

• E8FD56D3-2E0C-4044-BA7A-D15D786D7272.jpeg
    E8FD56D3-2E0C-4044-BA7A-D15D786D7272.jpeg
    320.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 27A8C6D1-85CA-4139-9010-BCC6CF5C147E.jpeg
    27A8C6D1-85CA-4139-9010-BCC6CF5C147E.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 54
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have several tomato plants beside each other, getting same sun and same water. One is not doing as well and looks like it is wilting. Any suggestion?
Something is definitely wrong in the first picture. Either it hasn't been watered correctly, there is a grub worm eating the roots or the plant has some bacterial or viral disease. In the second picture all I can see wrong is a large tomato hornworm happily munching away. Plus, the plant has the beginning stage of early blight. I would spray the first with hydrogen peroxide at 1 part peroxide to 2 parts water every other day. On the second I would take that hornworm fishing and spray the entire garden with Bt.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Ha I already removed the hornworm noticed it right after I took the picture. Will the hydrogen peroxide kill grub worm eating roots as well?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ha I already removed the hornworm noticed it right after I took the picture. Will the hydrogen peroxide kill grub worm eating roots as well?
No, it won't. And I don't know of anything safe for vegetables that will either. This happens to me all the time. Sometimes a soil drench around the base of the plant with spinosad will take care of the problem but not always.When the plant finally dies and you pull it up you will find the worm most of the time. But, it might not be a grub. You will just have to wait and see.

Ask a Question