Tomato stalk question.

Reaction score
Country
United States
First time gardener here. Is this normal for a stalk to branch out so low, or is it usually a single stalk going up? I have done no pruning.

Thanks,
Shayn

tomato stalk.jpg
tomato stalk 2.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. It is absolutely normal.
More important than the fruit, is whether the tomato is determinate (bush) or indeterminate (vine).
If it is a vine, it is better pruned to 1 stem, but definitely not, if it is a bush.

Welcome.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Are there both determinate and indeterminate in the beefsteak variety? They just said beefsteak and nothing about being determinate or indeterminate. So I'm not sure.

Thanks,
Shayn

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Are there both determinate and indeterminate in the beefsteak variety? They just said beefsteak and nothing about being determinate or indeterminate. So I'm not sure.

Thanks,
Shayn
Usually beefsteak tomatoes are named. Beefsteak tomatoes are a type of tomato although there is one variety of beefsteak tomato that is named Beefsteak Tomato and it is indeterminate.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
These are actuly very nice plants , i don't see any suckers no spots or insets visible , your photo apears a tad lite in color not sure if it's just the photo , but if the plants are as light green as they apear your ph is a tad low , not a major issue at the time but restoring ph to and keeping it 7.0ish will help .

Ask a Question