Yellow patches on leaves of Sun Gold tomatoes

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have 2 Sun Gold tomatoes that are developing yellow patches on the leaves. The symptom started on the bottom leaves, and seems to be moving up. The two plants are separated by other types of tomatoes, and none of the other types is showing this problem. Is this a nutrient deficiency or disease ? Will this spread? FYI, I'm pretty new to vegetable gardening, and this is the first year I grow Sun Gold tomatoes. Thank you for your help.

YellowLeaves_SunGold.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi Chuck, here is the whole plant. I removed most of the yellowing leaves on the bottom, but you can still see a little bit of it.
It is probably Early Blight. It is spread by splashing soil. Almost all tomato gardeners will experience this. I don't think there is a cure but preventative measures will greatly reduce this disease. And some varieties are resistant to it.
I say probably early blight because it is so common but I did NOT see any spots with a halo or concentric circles. Google early blight images and see if your plants have this disease.

Ask a Question