Tomato Plants Infected with Fungus

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
We had a few days of rain here in Florida. Now, it appears my tomato plants are infected with some kind of fungus. The leaves are wilted and curled up. They also feel pretty rough. All these issues came about after we had a few days of rain. I sprayed them with a copper spray and hope that the are ok.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Above are pictures of the plants. The first one is in worst shape than the other two.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
d_mildew-300x198.jpg

These little pimples are the most apparent characteristic symptom of Downey mildew. It is not so clear on your photos. But if Downey mildew these pimples spread all over the leaves.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
One year bout 2005 0r 2006 I never got a tomato and all my cucumbers were devastated. I tried all the nostrums to no avail. If watering try not to wet the foliage, but you can do nothing if nature is supplying the moisture.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Snip off each affected limb with sterilized shears and wipe down the shears after each cut with alcohol or bleach or something. Get rid of all prunings and separate your plants so they get better air circulation. Mulch the base of your plants so as not to allow soil to splash up on them. Spray about every 7-10 days until symptoms disappear. with your copper fungicide

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Downy Mildew. I think yours is just a moderate case, so I suggest just watering them, especially in the morning (to give them time to dry out all day). You can also buy organic fungicide, but if you are not into that sort of thing, the term take the weeds out before they grow might be your final solution. Remove the severe ones to avoid infecting the rest, and hope for the best. Good luck!

Ask a Question