zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Some of my girls eggs and my first ever broccoli harvest

Nice one, check the Broccoli for caterpillars first :eek: My Mum cooked me up a load i'd brought back from the allotment without checking first, they go the same colour as the Broccoli when cooked
1yikestkt.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://durgan.org/2017/June%202017/24%20June%202017%20Edible%20Pod%20Peas/HTML/ 24 June 2017 Edible Pod Peas
The edible peas are producing about a pound per day. There are two types in a 20 foot row. Sugar snap and Snow peas. The snow are flat with small peas and the sugar snap are rotund with larger peas. Both are excellent eating the whole pod without a lot a work shelling. There are not enough to preserve so they are used for the table for now.
002_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
@alp
There are different varieties, sweet and sour-sweet. I have 3 sweet bush. They easily multiply cuttings and quickly yield.
I do not even pick berries. I just bring my boys to the garden.:D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
They do look quite substantial.. Good initiation to healthy eating for your boys. Why not? I asked my son to pick 4 blueberries which he put inside the house and after 2 hours, they were still there. I was so annoyed that I gobbled them up... Must say before he was a very fussy eater. Would only eat virgin rice untouched by anything else. Now, he eats Nando meals and strawberries.. so university living has changed him.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I'm glad they're eating berries!
When children grow up, their eating habits always change. Unfortunately, they may not like healthy food, but it's always good when something grows in the garden.:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Picked 9 courgettes, 6 tomatoes, 4 cucumbers, last of the blackcurrants, first of the raspberries, 5 spring onions which have bulbed, (to four inches dia.) 7lb rhubarb and the last head of broccoli from the batch.
I'll have another batch ready to go in in three weeks, but with the salad, courgette and beans glut just around the corner, there's no point having a continuous supply, since broccoli doesn't stand well for long.

Ask a Question