Those that are Yellow

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
It isn't a picture copied off the internet, I don't know the common or botanical name, we just call it our yellow climbing rose. In our acidic soil, the color is light yellow.

It is about two years removed from being completely "grounded" due to collapse of its support base, an old cedar tree trunk. My guess is it is in excess of 25 years old, about half the age of our wedding anniversary and just starting over, the rose that is.

yellow climber.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Late last summer I bought the only yellow rose in stock at the local nursery. Its leafing out now and hopefully it will produce some nice flowers. I will have to see if the tag is still legible to let you know what it is

Reaction score
Country
United States
Late last summer I bought the only yellow rose in stock at the local nursery. Its leafing out now and hopefully it will produce some nice flowers. I will have to see if the tag is still legible to let you know what it is
Its a Knock Out Rose no idea of any particular type?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I guess I will recommend a rose... Do you see that pic of the Graham Thomas Rose (Rosa x 'Ausmas'), eight posts up from this one?

That is an excellent, fragrant, yellow rose. It has full-petalled, cupped shaped blooms like a classic old rose, but it is a modern remontant (repeat bloomer). It is also quite vigorous. It is usually trained as a climber, but it can also be made into a big shrub. I recommend getting an arbor or trellis and training it up.
We had one it truly is a beautiful rose, however we had it planted as a stand alone feature rose in middle of the lawn as it is a bit prone to black spot if it is planted in with other roses. Plenty of air going past and through it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Something ate my yellow rose next to nothing, doubt it will come back. Lots of deer and rabbit activity lately.
My “dwarf” pink rose is in trouble also?

My other 2 roses are doing well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Something ate my yellow rose next to nothing, doubt it will come back. Lots of deer and rabbit activity lately.
My “dwarf” pink rose is in trouble also?

My other 2 roses are doing well.
Noy a problem here, but someone else in your part of the world was talking about using thyme oil to put people off.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Noy a problem here, but someone else in your part of the world was talking about using thyme oil to put people off.
Eh my wife has doused our arborvitae with every type of oil , hot pepper spray/garlic really anything you heard of . Deer here just dont care.
My yard has had the stench of Garlic, thyme, mint , and its not a good smell!
O well theres always something
That was a new plant also and was just coming into full bloom.
My roses always seem to go from near death to full bloom back to near death every few years. I have a small dwarf rose I have written off as gone several times and it just sent a bloom out .

Ask a Question