This Year's Delicious Tomatoes

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I found it amazing that the op failed to use water in both his transplanting events...neither on the young plants to be transplanted nor in the new transplant location. . Amazing and very poor technique. IMO.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 10a
Country
Cyprus
I found it amazing that the op failed to use water in both his transplanting events...neither on the young plants to be transplanted nor in the new transplant location. . Amazing and very poor technique. IMO.

Yes, I didn't include that in the video. Because you would think most people would use common sense.

If I had to include that in the video then the video would be more then 10-minutes long. Also if the viewer needs to see me watering the seedlings after transplanting then perhaps the viewer should not try to grow anything.

A simple thanks for sharing would have been nice....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Today I used my cement mixer to customize potting soil to put in grow bags for 20 celebrity tomatoes. Its kinda fun making your own. We got some compost manure with a touch of aminopyralid in it so it was really just insurance for happy wife, happy life. Do you ever do problem solving videos or just videos for beginners?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 10a
Country
Cyprus
Today I used my cement mixer to customize potting soil to put in grow bags for 20 celebrity tomatoes. Its kinda fun making your own. We got some compost manure with a touch of aminopyralid in it so it was really just insurance for happy wife, happy life. Do you ever do problem solving videos or just videos for beginners?

Sounds really fascinating, I make videos as a hobby and share my personal experiences with anybody who is interested in listening or viewing, I have never claimed to be a master gardener and see no need to.

Basically I try something if it works then I use it, there is nothing wrong with learning from one gardener to another.

It doesn't always have to be rocket science.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Sounds really fascinating, I make videos as a hobby and share my personal experiences with anybody who is interested in listening or viewing, I have never claimed to be a master gardener and see no need to.

Basically I try something if it works then I use it, there is nothing wrong with learning from one gardener to another.

It doesn't always have to be rocket science.
Well said! Perhaps some of the odd situations around here will provide fodder for your videos. It will be a biochemiogical journey. We find rockets pollute our environment, and mostly work underground

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Yes, I didn't include that in the video. Because you would think most people would use common sense.

If I had to include that in the video then the video would be more then 10-minutes long. Also if the viewer needs to see me watering the seedlings after transplanting then perhaps the viewer should not try to grow anything.

A simple thanks for sharing would have been nice....

10 minutes, huh? To add water to the seedling before removing it from its container? 10 minutes to add water to the intended location before adding the seedling? I don't think so...not at all. I also don't agree that it is just common sense. There is more than enough misinformation around without adding to it...and simply saying the viewer should not grow anything if they don't know to water during transplant is a huge oversight. In a video for beginners to assume they know to water is huge oversight. Transplanting dry substantially increases the probability of failure.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 10a
Country
Cyprus
10 minutes, huh? To add water to the seedling before removing it from its container? 10 minutes to add water to the intended location before adding the seedling? I don't think so...not at all. I also don't agree that it is just common sense. There is more than enough misinformation around without adding to it...and simply saying the viewer should not grow anything if they don't know to water during transplant is a huge oversight. In a video for beginners to assume they know to water is huge oversight. Transplanting dry substantially increases the probability of failure.

I strongly disagree with your assumption that you need to water your seedlings before transplanting.
From personal experience, the only way you're going to remove the roots and soil of your seedlings in one from a potting tray is not to water them before transplant.
I have Not stated anywhere that my videos are intended just for beginners.

If you remove them with watered wet soil then the soil will just crumble when you try to remove it and even damage the roots.
I planted tomatoes from seed and I had a nice harvest.

If I have tried something and it works for me then it's not "misinformation".
I Would assume that I have the right to disagree with your assumption.

Last edited:

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Ah, the story changes, again. Now it isn't 10 minutes, common sense, or the viewer should know or not grow, LOL. Not a worthy try but certainly your right to disagree and my right to label your "story" misinformation.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 10a
Country
Cyprus
Ah, the story changes, again. Now it isn't 10 minutes, common sense, or the viewer should know or not grow, LOL. Not a worthy try but certainly your right to disagree and my right to label your "story" misinformation.

The story has not changed you just don't seem to understand, that making a video over 10 minutes is very time-consuming it's not a question about watering seedlings which you obviously do wrong from your previous statement.
To make a video it takes time all the video clips must be placed into a video editing software and need to be heavily edited including all the special effects audio and so on.

I didn't reply to that question because I thought you might have some COMMON SENSE to understand making a video is not as simple as you stated in your first comment.
Also, I have explained everything else but you just refuse to understand and funny you picked one statement that even a 5-year-old would understand but, it doesn't matter what I say you just like to complain about things.

CONCLUSION - You are obviously intentionally here to criticize others because of your ignorant attitude
Good Day Sir.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Ok from the top:

"Yes, I didn't include that in the video. Because you would think most people would use common sense." This implied to me that you believe it is just common sense to use water in transplanting and yet you said:

"I strongly disagree with your assumption that you need to water your seedlings before transplanting." So which is it common sense or what?

Further "If I had to include that in the video then the video would be more then 10-minutes long. " Very easily could have included the use of water in the transplant process without adding a single second to the video length. No, invalid argument.

You then added "if the viewer needs to see me watering the seedlings after transplanting then perhaps the viewer should not try to grow anything." Another invalid argument. Discouraging others from participating in gardening is not valid.

The coup de grace "You are obviously intentionally here to criticize others because of your ignorant attitude"

No, not at all. I consider it misinformation to depict a transplanting process completely without the use of any water at all . You can try the personal attacks all you want...does not make a hoot to me...but misinformation does matter to me. I care deeply about gardening and the success of others in doing something successfully which is a vital part of my existence. Oh, thanks for sharing.

Ask a Question