Last year's garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Spring is just starting out here in Missouri. I have garlic, beets, carrots, lettuce, greens, etc. growing in my garden. Strawberries and rhubarb are peeking out of the ground. The orchard and blueberries have tiny little buds. I am checking carefully each day for the first asparagus shoots! I look at pictures of last year's garden to tide me over until things really get going this year!

One photo is of tomato plants, with the rest of the garden behind them. The other picture is my flower/herb bed (with a random cabbage worm eaten purple brussel sprout plant in there!). I 'obviously' love zinnias and the purple leaf plant is basil. My profile picture is a close up of one of my zinnias. Looking forward to summer!!

Attachments

• Garden1.jpg
    Garden1.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 336
  • Garden2.jpg
    Garden2.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 298
Reaction score
It looks amazing, I love your herb garden! Is that purple basil? So pretty! I can see you got a little big of everything right there, also mint? How do you keep that one under control? Thanks for sharing, you got a really pretty garden. I can only dream of having that much space to work with :)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your garden is beautiful and lots of work that I know you enjoy. A labor of love is the saying and it shows.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow..you have a fantastic garden so far and it is only early March! I love seeing things growing like this, and I am sure you will have a great harvest soon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
All that space - I'm so envious! I'd love to be able to grow that much, but here in Japan we don't have a big yard space to grow things. Still, I always say something is better than nothing and the things I can grow here do very well in the soil conditions!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You garden looks like its bigger than my whole back yard. I would love to plant a garden like yours.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Nancy, your garden looks amazing, I love it, all these plants are so big and lush. You clearly take a goode care of them:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Aw, you are all so kind! That is actually just a portion of our garden. We expand it some each year. My husband does most of the 'dirty' work and I plant, harvest, cook, and preserve. I'll take some pictures in a few weeks when the spring plants are in full swing. They are just starting to grow now. I would love to see pictures of your gardens, even if they are small!

Ask a Question