Last year's Chilli plant has blotches

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi, my chilli plant from last year has come back to life after looking pretty dead, but it has black blotches on it,
I have cut it back a lot to remove most of it, but the parts with leaves appear to be greener.

Will they grow out??

Will affect the chilli's i get?

Do I have to destroy the plant asap???

Thanks for any help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi, my chilli plant from last year has come back to life after looking pretty dead, but it has black blotches on it,
I have cut it back a lot to remove most of it, but the parts with leaves appear to be greener.

Will they grow out??

Will affect the chilli's i get?

Do I have to destroy the plant asap???

Thanks for any help

View attachment 52349
Peppers are usually treated as annuals but in milder climates they can be grown as semi-perennials. It will probably live another year but your production will drop and the plant is much more prone to diseases. The leaves will grow out and the plant will look ALMOST as it did last year. Black blotches usually mean either a fungus or insect excrement. Unless the plant has sentimental value you will be better off with a new plant.

Ask a Question