There are worms in my dirt!

Reaction score
Fantastic to have an abundance of worms in your bin. I had read that the worms needed for composting were different than the ones that live near our house because they have to be able to withstand the heat. Is this only for inside worm bins? It seems logical after reading about your worms that the ones that live around us would be composting too.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Hopefully moving our compost pile closer to the corn/bean field will help get more worms into it. I might buy a tub of nightcrawlers and throw into it for good measure though.

And I've found that urine can be an excellent fertilizer. I found out by starting to put just a wee bit (no pun intended) around the garden hoping the smell would help keep bunnies and such away. After the first couple times, we noticed that the grass around the edge of the garden was a lot greener and lusher than the rest of the lawn, and that the plants at the edge of the garden looked better than any of the other plants... I was sold. It's free and easy to obtain, and helps my plants grow better. I did find that it's possible to put too much on potted plants, but otherwise, it's excellent.
just read your post. If you use bobcat or panther urine, the bunnies will stay away. I notice that you write "weightlifting" articles. are these weight-lifting, power-lifting, or bunching. I frequently write about lifting and the "iron game".
Hopefully moving our compost pile closer to the corn/bean field will help get more worms into it. I might buy a tub of nightcrawlers and throw into it for good measure though.

And I've found that urine can be an excellent fertilizer. I found out by starting to put just a wee bit (no pun intended) around the garden hoping the smell would help keep bunnies and such away. After the first couple times, we noticed that the grass around the edge of the garden was a lot greener and lusher than the rest of the lawn, and that the plants at the edge of the garden looked better than any of the other plants... I was sold. It's free and easy to obtain, and helps my plants grow better. I did find that it's possible to put too much on potted plants, but otherwise, it's excellent.

Ask a Question