Thanksgiving USA, 2017

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Happy Thanksgiving to every one. Its time to put the Prime rib in the oven and frost the fruit cakes . I'll put on a few pounds the season but that comes with the season.

Yum yum ..

Guilty pleasure par excellence! Life is to be enjoyed. Do you guys have turkey for thanks giviing and Christmas as well? I must say I love a marbled steak with beef fat well grilled. In fact, I can m urder some for now!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We have turkey for Thanksgiving, with all the traditional trimmings. For Christmas I can be inventive--we've had everything from shrimp to pork tenderloin to beef roast. My husband's favorite is pork tenderloin with a claret sauce, so that is what we are having this year. I'm hoping the broccoli heads up so we can have a side of broccoli with the tenderloin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We have turkey for Thanksgiving, with all the traditional trimmings. For Christmas I can be inventive--we've had everything from shrimp to pork tenderloin to beef roast. My husband's favorite is pork tenderloin with a claret sauce, so that is what we are having this year. I'm hoping the broccoli heads up so we can have a side of broccoli with the tenderloin.
That sounds lovely. was considering salmon for Christmas. we always have pork, or chicken or fish. maybe my own steak would be nice. Or maybe shrimp something. I think this Thanksgiving will be my last to roast a bird. too much left. Hoping to find a feral cat colony to give some away..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We got 2 dinners and 2 lunches from our 11 LB turkey; then, we put it in the pressure cooker. We made soup from that with onions, celery, carrots, the leftover stuffing, sweet potatoes, turnips and creamed onions...another 3 hearty soup dinners. All in all, not a bad deal for a free range, fresh turkey that cost us $6.29....$0.90 a meal.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I'm always trying new ways to use turkey leftovers; I like turkey sandwiches, but can only stand them for so long. I don't like making large complex meals, so I do little things like throw it in my rice, which I did last night after eating turkey dinners since Thanksgiving. I also throw them in my soups and throw some in the cat food for the cat...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We had a small turkey--the kind man at the local market knows we need a small one, so when they arrive he picks the smallest and puts my name on it. Service thrives in small towns!
We are still eating turkey, and I made roughly two quarts of turkey vegetable soup with the carcass. Turkey with rice and peas, turkey salad sandwiches, turkey gumbo (with sausage thrown in) and of course, bits and pieces of turkey for the kittens. The kittens are really looking forward to Christmas!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We got 2 dinners and 2 lunches from our 11 LB turkey; then, we put it in the pressure cooker. We made soup from that with onions, celery, carrots, the leftover stuffing, sweet potatoes, turnips and creamed onions...another 3 hearty soup dinners. All in all, not a bad deal for a free range, fresh turkey that cost us $6.29....$0.90 a meal.
yep, all the stuff will be made in to some of what you did etc. but like 10 meals. will freeze in lots to thaw and use when the spirit moves. cold months are here soon, so good weekly turkey soup will occur often.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
yep, all the stuff will be made in to some of what you did etc. but like 10 meals. will freeze in lots to thaw and use when the spirit moves. cold months are here soon, so good weekly turkey soup will occur often.

Nothing like a good soup and good loaf of bread on a cold winter night!

Ask a Question