Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Happy Thanksgiving to all our Candian members! :)

I don't know too much about how Canadian Thanksgiving is celebrated, is it similar to the US one - ie turkey and pumpkin pie?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
To all our members in Canada, or of Canadian descent, Happy Thanksgiving! Down here in the US, we are thankful you are our neighbors.

That explains why the local Canadian meteorologist wasn't on TV today. I think he always goes home for Thanksgiving

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Thanks everybody! Had a big dinner over at a sister's place a couple miles away.
Yes we do celebrate it with turkey, stuffing, mashed potato, gravy, sweet potato, cranberries and pumpkin pie. Just no pilgrims.
And I am thankful to have Americans as neighbours south of the 49th.

Sorry no pictures alp, I didn't think of bringing a camera for the occasion. I am attending my next door neighbours funeral this afternoon, maybe I'll bring the camera along for that....

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks everybody! Had a big dinner over at a sister's place a couple miles away.
Yes we do celebrate it with turkey, stuffing, mashed potato, gravy, sweet potato, cranberries and pumpkin pie. Just no pilgrims.

Sorry no pictures alp, I didn't think of bringing a camera for the occasion. I am attending my next door neighbours funeral this afternoon, maybe I'll bring the camera along for that....

People enjoy tormenting me these days! :eek::LOL:

Friend came over to visit and I usually hated taking selfies. But as we're getting old and one never knows, I relented. She was reminiscing how many friends had "disappeared"!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

Sorry to hear about your neighbour :( Glad to hear you had a good meal at your sister's though :)

Ask a Question