Thanksgiving --USA

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
For those of us, soon it will be our first big holiday. Thanksgiving. What are you all planning on?

For me and my husband we are up in the air. The sure thing is dinner at a local super fine restaurant that we love. Or we travel down to Fredricksburg, VA for dinner with friends and I bring some stuff. And stay till Sunday. The later is if the hostess decides to go south for the winter to stay in Fort Myers this year. She is in the middle of selling her huge house, and probably calling quits with her boyfriend, so she's not in the mood. At lease our reservations are tight. LOL.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
-10F-0F
Country
United States
My husband and I will be having our first thanksgiving as a married couple, we are having dinner at my mothers house and probably a lunch thing at his grandmas, She makes soooo much food it could feed 20 people. One time I thought about making thanksgiving dinner at my house, she got so mad you thought I did something horrible. She told me until the day she dies thanksgiving is at her house and she is cooking. hahaha.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Just the two of us (for which I am very thankful!) and I'm roasting a small turkey, making all the traditional side dishes, and a fresh pumpkin pie. I love Thanksgiving--but then, I dearly love to cook.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
This year Thanksgiving is also my birthday, I asked the family if we could go to a nice restaurant for dinner but they decided since it is also my birthday we will do the usual. We have a large dinner with family and friends, watch movies and just enjoy each other.

Reaction score
My father siblings and their families are all living in the United States. I knew that they are celebrating Thanksgiving Day all together in one house where there are many festive foods that are being serve on their dining table to celebrate the occasion.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My children and I will be going to Ohio to have Thanksgiving at my sister's house with her family! That is the plan at the moment. It is all up to my 90 years old mother if she is still well enough to go on the road or not by then.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Going to my best friend's house, she and her husband usually host a big dinner, we eat too much and watch a movie. ;) If any of the grandkids are there we'll probably walk to the park and playground to work off a few calories.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
My children and I will be going to Ohio to have Thanksgiving at my sister's house with her family! That is the plan at the moment. It is all up to my 90 years old mother if she is still well enough to go on the road or not by then.
where abouts in Ohio, was born and raised in Ohio. First lived in Cleveland then we later moved to Macedonia.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Just the two of us (for which I am very thankful!) and I'm roasting a small turkey, making all the traditional side dishes, and a fresh pumpkin pie. I love Thanksgiving--but then, I dearly love to cook.
I love to cook too and toyed with the idea of making a turkey for just the two of us also. Love the leftovers. I can get a free turkey at a local food store with the coupons from the year. But, also like to treat myself to dinner out, as we do not do that to much through the entire year, as I am always cooking. Its amazing how many people do go out for Thanksgiving, you have to get reservations at least a month in advance at most decent restaurants and they are packed when you get there.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I've never seen butter shaped like a turkey! I have seen ice cream cakes in the shape of a turkey (although after eating turkey for dinner, I don't think I'd want anything shaped like a turkey for dessert.)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Enjoy thanksgiving everyone, it's something the British don't celebrate of course. Well, with the exception of my son who lives in Columbus. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
We have no Thanksgiving here but on that weekend, we have a trip to Singapore. Friends are telling us about the Marina Bay Sands, the classy and most popular hotel in Singapore, with their Thanksgiving promo. But when I checked, whoa, it is too expensive for us. We cannot afford the $200 per day and it is not even a suite. Maybe we can go there and have dinner, that would be affordable somehow. And yes, we wouldn't miss the turkey.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We are going to Westerville Ohio, around Columbus area. Her address said Westerville, but everything else said Columbus :)
Thanks, that is south of my old stomping grounds about an hour 1/2 ride,,, Ohio is a fairly large state, not as large as PA though. I think, many years ago I went there for some trainings for a job or something like that.

Ask a Question