Thank you all for helping me be less of a stick-in-the-mud

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I've gardened for about 40 years, and tend to do the same things with the same plants over and over. Thanks to the people here I have learned new techniques, discovered new varieties of plants, and found that the old ways are not always the best ways.
So, I thank you all, and please keep teaching all us gardeners that gardening is fascinating, unique, and not done in just one way!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
And thank you for your input too, works both ways :)

35878616.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I agree that this forum is informative to garderners. As a neophyte, I have learned some knowledge pertaining to our garden plants. Just a while ago, I was reading the thread on tomatoes that suckers should be removed so the nutrients will be reserved for the flowers. Another good thing here is the design of gardens, the artistic landscaping and positioning of plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I agree. I find this forum super helpful - I used to think that living in Japan right now with a small yard space meant that a lot of gardening would go out the window - but people on here have inspired me to do things like container gardening and so forth. It's just great having people encouraging you or sharing their ways of doing things, getting fresh perspective is always nice!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is an informative and fun forum. I like having the group that I can share something that is important to me. My family know to give me plants as gifts but they do not care about any of the gardening activities or the final results, so I have no one to share my love of plants with but here on the forum.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is one of my favorite forums as I learn many different things and everyone is nice! I love the fact that I find some new every time I log on and that inspires me to do some digging in the dirt or to plant something.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Pat, I share your lack of gardening family and friends. Thank heavens my husband has a moderate interest in gardening (he especially enjoys the vegetables we grow;)) but no one else around here cares about growing flowers or vegetables. I guess farming takes up all the horticultural interest they have!
And that's another reason I like this forum so much--like you, sharing chit-chat, ideas, and having a place to ask questions.

Reaction score
I could say the same thing about this forum OP, I have learnt so much. It's an amazing place for gardeners. I'd dare to say this is so far the best gardening forum I've stumbled upon so far. Wish we had more people from the Netherlands though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
As gardeners we never stop learning and as gardeners there is always something that comes along to surprise us, either a plant that catches our eye or may be a new technique. Enjoy your garden marlingardener and I'm sure the rest of us will enjoy ours too. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
As gardeners we never stop learning and as gardeners there is always something that comes along to surprise us, either a plant that catches our eye or may be a new technique. Enjoy your garden marlingardener and I'm sure the rest of us will enjoy ours too. :)

I think that's one of the reasons I love gardening so much - it never gets old, because there's always new things to grow, new techniques to learn, ways of doing things better - that continuous improvement and constant learning means that I don't get bored!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Definitely agree! It's always forums and places like these, with people like these that we learn the best. Everyone has their own little methods and secrets to the madness, it's definitely the place to go for information! Remember, we grow just like our plants do! LOL!

Ask a Question