Texas Turtles and Weather

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Storage is the thing with solar, our batteries will last a few days without sun if only used for charging up laptops and things. I did have a wind generator as back up but that's stuck in Dorset, too big to fit in the car.

Tetters has been looking at a bigger wind generator :)

Stove pipes sound like a good investment. Has it warmed up there now? How are the Armadillos ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Storage is the thing with solar, our batteries will last a few days without sun if only used for charging up laptops and things. I did have a wind generator as back up but that's stuck in Dorset, too big to fit in the car.

Tetters has been looking at a bigger wind generator :)

Stove pipes sound like a good investment. Has it warmed up there now? How are the Armadillos ?
It's back to normal. 80 degrees today. The armadillos are fine. Saw a couple of them on the half shell while driving into town. I should have left home sooner because the buzzards were already having lunch.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good to hear Chuck :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
We live at Byng, Oklahoma and have had sub zero temps for the last two weeks. It would warm up to about 10 f and plunge back down every night. Lots of record breaking snow on top of the old snow. Currently, the snow is up to mid calf. I got outside yesterday and tried to move my pick up truck but just got stuck. Almost slipped into the pipe fence that surrounds my yard, so I left it there. No mail for the last week because the mailman cant get across the creek or up the hill this side of that.
On the upside , we are doing fine, water and electricity are holding out. Got plenty of food and heat. God has been so good to us. The snow should start to melt today, but if it doesn't, we will be fine.

Reaction score
Country
United States
We live at Byng, Oklahoma and have had sub zero temps for the last two weeks. It would warm up to about 10 f and plunge back down every night. Lots of record breaking snow on top of the old snow. Currently, the snow is up to mid calf. I got outside yesterday and tried to move my pick up truck but just got stuck. Almost slipped into the pipe fence that surrounds my yard, so I left it there. No mail for the last week because the mailman cant get across the creek or up the hill this side of that.
On the upside , we are doing fine, water and electricity are holding out. Got plenty of food and heat. God has been so good to us. The snow should start to melt today, but if it doesn't, we will be fine.

Decades ago was at Ft . Sill in your state and remember how fast temperature fluctuates in a matter of hours

Ask a Question