Strawberry/beet frost protection

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Where do you find rolls? A package of the folding stuff is a MAJOR PITA to use.
Good old Amazon...delivered right to my front porch. They have a 12ft tall roll and a 6 ft tall roll. Like everything else, it has really gone up in price.

It goes as "Dewitt N-Sulate Frost Protection" on Amazon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Is this the same product where there are different weights and I've seen people saying the lightest weight is great for insect control?

I've been thinking about making a few frames for my common raised beds to use as insect control over the likes of my brassica.
Yes, it is the same stuff and is called floating row cover. NSulate is just a marketing name.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Good old Amazon...delivered right to my front porch. They have a 12ft tall roll and a 6 ft tall roll. Like everything else, it has really gone up in price.

It goes as "Dewitt N-Sulate Frost Protection" on Amazon.
I should have known. That's what I get for buying all my gardening stuff at True Value.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Living out here on the edge of "The Big Thicket", Amazon is a true life changer. It may cost a little more, but the convenience is unsurpassed. I buy a lot of my seeds through them. They have business arrangements with Burpee, Park, and many other major seed suppliers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
Living out here on the edge of "The Big Thicket", Amazon is a true life changer. It may cost a little more, but the convenience is unsurpassed. I buy a lot of my seeds through them. They have business arrangements with Burpee, Park, and many other major seed suppliers.
Amazon partnered with Burpee, Park and the like? I stopped buying most stuff through Amazon over the last two years as counterfeit junk has become such a problem. We were early to jump on the Prime bandwagon around 12 years ago, and then dropped prime about a year ago.

=======

So they did. I searched "veg seeds" over there and got a page full of Burpee store followed by the "survival garden pack" 1/4 acre bundle garbage.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you are tight like me you keep all the flexible foam packing and bubble wrap, I can go out and put an overcoat on half the garden if it gets nasty. I have found bubble wrap stretched over a frame is great for germinating seed too. The frame keeps it just off the ground, but close enough to stop drying out.
The bubble wrap over Zigs cactus is also a big help as it protects the prickly bits that the fleece would otherwise get stuck on - double protection !!:D

Ask a Question