squash

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
zone 6b
Country
United States
so I have 14 squash plants growing. 8 butternut and 6 spaghetti. soil is same fertilizer is same. same everything. I have 42 spaghetti squash growing . anywhere from 5 inches around to 7 inches around. all healthy. the butternut squash are all rotting off. I have 1 healthy and have had 30 die. the leaves look extremely healthy no signs of anything wrong. do butternut just need more fertilizer ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Actinovate will help fight off fungal attack. Are the leaves yellow? Are the tips of the squash rotting or the vine from the root forward to the squash?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
zone 6b
Country
United States
Actinovate will help fight off fungal attack. Are the leaves yellow? Are the tips of the squash rotting or the vine from the root forward to the squash?

the squash itself is rotting. leaves are green.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
If it is very wet try to ventilate by removing as much dead and dying as possible. Elevate what you can so that it can dry. I have found an interesting thing with a liquid silicone amendment I was spraying earlier in the season in that it, with the thyme oil I was using, formed a oily or really a waxy layer that seems to protect the squash from attack. But even that was not quite enough and I cannot use it all the time. I have to use actinovate before it gets out of control or they start aborting and rotting. I have to use a fair amount of antifungal spray as well as insect spray about every 2 weeks because of the heat and rain creating such good conditions for bugs and fungi. The fungus is in the dirt so soak it.

Ask a Question