Squash chips

Reaction score
Country
United States
I tend to end up with more summer squash than my lovely wife wants to cook . I have for the last couple years sliced them thin sprinkled Himalayan pink salt and coarse ground pepper on them and put them in the dehydrator for 12 to 18 hours until they're crispy. They can be eaten like potato chips only healthier. They can be added to soups or stews like this. They keep several months in a Ziploc bag in a cool dark place. Anyone else do this?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I tend to end up with more summer squash than my lovely wife wants to cook . I have for the last couple years sliced them thin sprinkled Himalayan pink salt and coarse ground pepper on them and put them in the dehydrator for 12 to 18 hours until they're crispy. They can be eaten like potato chips only healthier. They can be added to soups or stews like this. They keep several months in a Ziploc bag in a cool dark place. Anyone else do this?
Do they darken and look nasty? I am going to do this. I can use citric acid to preserve aesthetics or perhaps someone has another suggestion? Or is it good to go as is?

Ask a Question