Spotty Lemon....and that's not a new hybrid!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Quite a few of my lemons have these spots on them. About to make Limoncello so i want lovely clean peel. Does anyone know what is happening to them. It's a Lisbon lemon and adter about 6years is finally giving me lots of well appreciated lemons.
rps20190804_122932.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Check out the following link's pictures. Hopefully yours are bird pecks.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Unfortunately, Chuck, I think it may well be Black Spot. According to the link you gave plus several others I checked it does look serious. A couple of sites suggested a copper spray so I'll try that but the gist of the info was to get rid of the tree. The lime tree next to it is fine. Thanks for your input.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Unfortunately, Chuck, I think it may well be Black Spot. According to the link you gave plus several others I checked it does look serious. A couple of sites suggested a copper spray so I'll try that but the gist of the info was to get rid of the tree. The lime tree next to it is fine. Thanks for your input.
IMO the tree is worth trying to save. I would pick ALL of the fruit now and begin a spray regimen of an anti-fungal over the entire tree .

Ask a Question