Spider mites and potted orange tree

Reaction score
Country
United States
My orange tree had a case of red spider mites, causing about 50% leaf drop. After about a month I feel I have gotten them to vacate my tree. What I am left with is a sad little tree. The leaves are yellow with brown edges. I've been told that it should come back to its former glory, that I should just be patient with it. I am not sure what to do I have had this tree for years and has given me orange blossoms and small oranges

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My orange tree had a case of red spider mites, causing about 50% leaf drop. After about a month I feel I have gotten them to vacate my tree. What I am left with is a sad little tree. The leaves are yellow with brown edges. I've been told that it should come back to its former glory, that I should just be patient with it. I am not sure what to do I have had this tree for years and has given me orange blossoms and small oranges
If it were my tree I would use Super Thrive as per directions.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My orange tree had a case of red spider mites, causing about 50% leaf drop. After about a month I feel I have gotten them to vacate my tree. What I am left with is a sad little tree. The leaves are yellow with brown edges. I've been told that it should come back to its former glory, that I should just be patient with it. I am not sure what to do I have had this tree for years and has given me orange blossoms and small orang

Spider mites are VERY difficult to get rid off. The can and do reproduce both sexually and asexually, meaning that if you only had one mite survive soon you will have many. What did you use to eliminate them and are you doing follow-up applications with anything?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I used peppermint oil with dish soap water in spray bottle, I also used alcohol and q-tips and actually thought I got them all until the next day it was like they never left. I even went so far as to get lady bugs. I have not seen any more but I also have not noticed any new leaves either.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I used peppermint oil with dish soap water in spray bottle, I also used alcohol and q-tips and actually thought I got them all until the next day it was like they never left. I even went so far as to get lady bugs. I have not seen any more but I also have not noticed any new leaves either.
Followup sprayings are essential to getting rid of mites. A cup of 70% alcohol into a quart of water makes a good spray.

Ask a Question