Soaker hose with fertilizer, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, etc.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Put a hand full of the correct fertilizer in the bucket then fill it with water. Move on to the next bucket.

101_8684.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I love seeing this and then that later picture where the uv light has destroyed all the hard work. The grey pvc electrical conduit is uv stable and for a gardener can be used for water though its not building code now is it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think that is actually drip tape, not soaker hose or gray conduit, although it does kind of look like it. I use drip tape myself but it is connected to the water bibb.

That bucket is only about 3' off the ground so you would only have like 1 psi of pressure.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is BLACK flexible PVC pipe. I call it water tower irrigation. You can fertilize and water at the same time. I have found no way to get fertilizer in a soaker hose.

101_8767.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh I see. What drill holes? What size? Don't need any pressure then.

This works with maybe 100 foot of soaker hose, as long as you have enough flow. COOP used to sell them. It works with drip tape too but you have to have alot more out, maybe 1,000 feet or something.

By the way, garden is looking real good Gary.

Ask a Question