Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I was so proud my deep red camellia with its yellow stamens I thought I'd show it off on my dining table. After our Friday evening casual meal by the fireside, tonight tacos, cleaning up I spotted another lovley display on my dining table. The figure disappearing out the door is the one responsible for the tacos. I rather like Friday nights! :) Mind you, maybe he could have made the most of the vacuum cleaner as he was passing

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
How lovely! I've always wanted to have camellias. I've been contemplating getting a bush, but I can't decide what type or what color I would like to have. Right now, I'm thinking about "snow on the mountain." Something about the name appeals to me, lol. I think I will wait though, until they start to bloom.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
There are so many ChannellG. I have I think 8 different ones and every time I go to a nursery I see more and more beautiful ones. A friend of mine who has been gardening for years has the most incredible display of huge camellia trees it's mode boggling. Mine are all only 4 years old so only maybe 2 meters high. Worth the wait.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh they are beautiful! Your table deco is even fantastic with the cat on it :) Perfectly fits on that runner.

Reaction score
Country
United States
WOW! DeborahJane, that is a stunning flower, and a beautiful display! I don't think I've ever seen that flower. How easy are they to grow, and how temperate should the climate be for them to thrive? I'd sure love to try and grow them. Thanks for sharing that beautiful pic. Your kitty's beautiful too! :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks thegrey. Camellias like shade and need protection from wind and very hot summer sun but other than that seem easy to grow. Mind you I have lost a couple and seem to me to be slow growers. Worth it though. I have a Debbie camellias, my mum bought me one which died when I moved it so I have replaced it twice now but now growing well. I also have a Julia France..... my sister is Julia Francis. I have turned it into a standard and is doing well. I also have a Baby Pearl and my kitty table decoration is Pearl. I obviously am a tad sentimental.:confused:

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love your display. I have a space in my yard I didn't know what to plant that I think a camella would work very well in, it is a shaded space with a little direct sun.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I love your display. I have a space in my yard I didn't know what to plant that I think a camella would work very well in, it is a shaded space with a little direct sun.
Sounds like the perfect spot Pat. Good luck with deciding which one;) soooo many beautiful ones,

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
That is a lovely flower, lovely table runner, but I must admit I like the grey fuzzy table adornment best! Feliz used to get on the dining room table at night to watch the nightlife in our yard. When I saw the kitty-paw prints and would scold her, she gave me that famous cat look--"Who, me?" Cats do not have regrets . . . .
Your camillias are lovely and I hope you post more photos of them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
That is a lovely flower, lovely table runner, but I must admit I like the grey fuzzy table adornment best! Feliz used to get on the dining room table at night to watch the nightlife in our yard. When I saw the kitty-paw prints and would scold her, she gave me that famous cat look--"Who, me?" Cats do not have regrets . . . .
I recently had a birthday and my very good friend who is also a cat lover gave me this card. She colored it on so the "culprit " is the right colour.
image.jpg
Mmmmmmmm! So true. I do like to think Pearl is a Little sweeter than that.:confused::LOL: There certainly isn't any sign of regret as you said Marlingardener.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I recently had a birthday and my very good friend who is also a cat lover gave me this card. She colored it on so the "culprit " is the right colour.View attachment 8350Mmmmmmmm! So true. I do like to think Pearl is a Little sweeter than that.:confused::LOL: There certainly isn't any sign of regret as you said Marlingardener.

Hahahahahaha!!! Spot on that friend of yours! Lovely birthday card! Lol, I love it, I'm also a cat lover and I really love cat humor, I've a cat myself and I just love how different cats are from dogs. They can be so funny even without meaning it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
WOW! DeborahJane, that is a stunning flower, and a beautiful display! I don't think I've ever seen that flower. How easy are they to grow, and how temperate should the climate be for them to thrive? I'd sure love to try and grow them. Thanks for sharing that beautiful pic. Your kitty's beautiful too! :D
I checked out the tag on the camellia which was part of my table decoration along with Pearl and it is called Black Magic. It has a very deep red velvety petal And is as you can see quite stunning.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks for asking Marlingardener...twist my arm. I bought this one from a market, along with 5 others and the tag is smudged. The name is "...........Pearl" and is just so soft and pretty. Hope that shows up on the photo. The little man peeking at it usually holds a partially filled bottle of wine that's left over from dinner and awaiting tomorrow nights. Must have finished it tonight! There are 3 of us partaking! :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 283

Ask a Question