Slugs murdering my strawberry plants!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve used Sluggo for a long time, and I’ve noticed in the last couple of seasons, it’s no longer effective.. I have a decent sized strawberry patch being destroyed; the leaves and the fruit. Any suggestions on how I can naturally and safely repel the little slime balls?

P

Peace perfect peace

Yep, Hi Invalidhost,
Now this works and not only will you be happy "But so will the slugs"

Very simple Put a few soup or dog bowls around your strawberry patch "make sure they are on the deeper side of bowl,
and remove enough soil so the bowl's edge is approx 1 inch above the soil,

"Now's the good bit"
almost fill the bowl with beer, (ale) The slugs will head for the "BOWL INN" through out the night,

(No music or flashing disco lights needed)

They'll get drunk and drowned, its an old way "but it really works" and ive found it cheaper than using all the copper line's /pellets
crushed egg shells etc etc etc "pellets can be eaten by birds, etc" So these are a big NO NO

In the morning you'll be able to empty your bowl bar and get ready for your next "Slug Ball"

You can use Lime in certain parts of the garden on the top of the soil "but it depends on what sort of plants your growing not all plants are lime lovers,
Or you can do whats called the torch (flash light)
Patrol this is the sneaking around the garden light in hand searching for the slugs, then collecting them and getting rid of them,
Not a lady like way of doing things ( a bit like snapped tv program but no insurance pay outs) and this patrol has to be done late at night,

RIP You slugs (what a way to go):sleep:

Well try it and please let us know how you got on ?

P

Peace perfect peace

Yep, Hi Invalidhost,
Now this works and not only will you be happy "But so will the slugs"

Very simple Put a few soup or dog bowls around your strawberry patch "make sure they are on the deeper side of bowl,
and remove enough soil so the bowl's edge is approx 1 inch above the soil,

"Now's the good bit"
almost fill the bowl with beer, (ale) The slugs will head for the "BOWL INN" through out the night,

(No music or flashing disco lights needed)

They'll get drunk and drowned, its an old way "but it really works" and ive found it cheaper than using all the copper line's /pellets
crushed egg shells etc etc etc "pellets can be eaten by birds, etc" So these are a big NO NO

In the morning you'll be able to empty your bowl bar and get ready for your next "Slug Ball"

You can use Lime in certain parts of the garden on the top of the soil "but it depends on what sort of plants your growing not all plants are lime lovers,
Or you can do whats called the torch (flash light)
Patrol this is the sneaking around the garden light in hand searching for the slugs, then collecting them and getting rid of them,
Not a lady like way of doing things ( a bit like snapped tv program but no insurance pay outs) and this patrol has to be done late at night,

RIP You slugs (what a way to go):sleep:

Well try it and please let us know how you got on ?

Reaction score
Country
United States

I have heard of this method but haven’t tried it. so I will get some beer today and report my results!

I have tried sneaking around with a flashlight, but there are just far too many slugs around here; they replenish a lot faster than I can find them!

Thank you!

P

Peace perfect peace

Evening Invalidhost,
I know this one works as ive used it for years, "Just one point i use dark beer as it smell stronger,
Let us know how many you get on the first nights party.

Ask a Question