Sleeping Temperature

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
What is your choice of sleeping temperature? In the winter, even the dead of winter do you still want a window cracked a bit for fresh air to come in the room?

Me, I like it on the chilly side. like maybe 65 degrees or even 62. A nice semi thick covering and I am good to go for 8 hours.
and I love the air coming in, even in the cold window, just a little if its really cold. at least for half of the night.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I do not like heavy covers on me, and sleep with just a flat sheet with my feet sticking out. No open windows tho, with the heat set at 65° F, and the ceiling going is perfect.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I haven't a clue as to temperature but I easily feel the cold because I'm like a stick insect. Electric blanket beneath; sheet on top of this then a sheet and nice warm duvet above us; last night we added a throw; window closed but in our two days of summer we do have the window open but even then we need to be careful with the ever present Gale causing a cold draught that can cause a stiff neck. I can't stand being cold and I can wear my Parka most of the year? :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'm the opposite. I like cool nights so I can get nice and warm and comfortable under a quilt. At the same time, I HATE waking up in winter because I know the second the quilt comes off I'll be freezing.
Even with just a sheet, I suffer from the same effects as you.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I like 18c .. In winter, I will only get up when I can hear the pipes knocking, signalling that the central heating has kicked in. I never use a pillow as it gets hot and unhygienic. During summer, I have a light weight duvet covering my tummy .. and leave my legs and arms out. I'd love opening the window, but not so much now as the air outside is either full of vehicular exhaust fumes or toxic hazes from next door.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hi,

I haven't a clue as to temperature but I easily feel the cold because I'm like a stick insect. Electric blanket beneath; sheet on top of this then a sheet and nice warm duvet above us; last night we added a throw; window closed but in our two days of summer we do have the window open but even then we need to be careful with the ever present Gale causing a cold draught that can cause a stiff neck. I can't stand being cold and I can wear my Parka most of the year? :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Colin, after 40+ years of living in South Florida I am just the opposite. I can't stand the heat. I am loving the cool days and chilly nights here in North Carolina now.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Colin, after 40+ years of living in South Florida I am just the opposite. I can't stand the heat. I am loving the cool days and chilly nights here in North Carolina now.

You'd love living here in West Yorkshire then SR. (y) I'd love the Florida heat but not the critters that could eat me which frequent Florida backyards? :( :D

Kind regards, Colin

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I love it cool (65F during the day, 50F at night) but I also love my down quilt!

Love a down quilt.. Unfortunately, we don't have down, but feathers and the feathers make a lot of noise. Would love to feel a truel down quilt..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hi,

You'd love living here in West Yorkshire then SR. (y) I'd love the Florida heat but not the critters that could eat me which frequent Florida backyards? :( :D

Kind regards, Colin

That is why so many of us colonists carry guns. Seriously, when we are out kayaking in the rivers or lakes we always carry guns. Between the alligators and snakes it is not a good place to be defenseless. The worst man eating creature we had down there was actually the mosquito. They were beasts!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
one thing so nice during my trip around Scotland was all the hotels had beautiful duvets and windows that could open, a nice chill. never turned on the heat. loved it. USA hotels windows never open, although I rarely use a hotel in travels around USA due to that.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I reckon you travelled to Scotland in the summer, Esther?

Ask a Question