Silly Old Man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh the drama. My Son helps me out with many things but he laughs at the old man.

He basically is moving in. He is moving into our Apartment and building a house.

We make and raise stuff to sell and use.

Today i was watering. We haven't had any serious rain for over a year so I'm watering every other day.

Had some plants that I got cheap on and used Peat Moss as a mix . They are not doing well so I put some Organic Fertilizer on them.

My Son laughs at me watering. He has put plants in my Greenhouse. I was watering and I usually water until it comes out. Well his was just filling up with water. ??? Got to checking his Pots didn't have drain holes. Asked him about it? That is why you have to water so much.

And he never Fertilizes.

But the old man don't know anything.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:ROFLMAO: Typical! Most youngsters have to learn the hard way, they almost always think us oldies are dopey!

Reaction score
Country
United States
When they made me quit cutting Firewood Son said he would.

He was always laughing at me cutting wood during good weather. By Winter I had enough seasoned wood to do me all Winter.

Now he is cutting in freezing rain and can't get what we have to burn.

Always went into Winter with plenty of food and wood. Like I told my wife we were rich.

One time on our farm I asked him to do chores. He piddled around told Son need to get started on those chores.

He says i don't have to put up with this and went to leave caught the engine on fire in his pickup. He was going to throw water on it before i stopped him.

I got the fire out and pickup going. Found out where he was staying. He was having to do the same chores as what i had him doing at home.

big rockpile

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Couldn't agree more about food and warmth being the best kind of rich. How long does it take youngsters to learn? They won't listen though will they :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Country
United States
Had some Marigolds brought to me. I mentioned they would have to wait until I buy some soil to repot them.

Then I hear silly old man owns 3 and half acres and buying soil.

big rockpile

Ask a Question