Shrub's leaves turning brown/black - HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a Schillings Dwarf Yaupon Holly shrub that has taken on some sort of disease. Can someone please help identify the problem and suggest solutions? There is a section on the lower branches with brownish/black leaves. I have examined the shrub thoroughly and see no signs of infestation. The discoloration doesn't resemble mold as there is no fuzzy or velvety coating. There are two other shrubs of the same type which were purchased at the same time and they are doing fine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 506
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 607
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have a Schillings Dwarf Yaupon Holly shrub that has taken on some sort of disease. Can someone please help identify the problem and suggest solutions? There is a section on the lower branches with brownish/black leaves. I have examined the shrub thoroughly and see no signs of infestation. The discoloration doesn't resemble mold as there is no fuzzy or velvety coating. There are two other shrubs of the same type which were purchased at the same time and they are doing fine.
Has it been raining a lot there? That looks looks like a soil born fungus disease. There isn't anything you can do for the affected leaves but try this organic fix. Mix 2 heaping tablespoons of baking soda, an ounce of molasses and an ounce of orange oil or horticultral oil into a gallon of water and spray the entire bush thoroughly twice a week

Ask a Question