Show off your garden shed!

Reaction score
Country
United States
When my husband and I first moved into our new house, we had a garden but no shed. So I kept all the equipment in a room that was empty at the time. And you know - it's pretty damn inconvenient.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Not much to show really. The big shed is 12x20 and holds most of my garden equipment. I have a bit of an obsession with small garden tractors, so they take a good bit of the room.

thumbnail.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two 8' by 6' sheds. There is a feather edge one near the house that has the mower and all the garden tools in and a shiplap one at the far end of the garden that has polystyrene insulation, a double glazed unit in the roof and bookcases and a place I can write. I swapped them over about seven months ago, the sturdier shed is better for keeping books from getting damp, and it is good not being too 'handy' if I am writing :)
Here are the insides with books.

Reaction score
Country
United States
There was no skirt at the back, I kept it open for ventilation. But that's where in 2017, our "Fiona" got in and gave birth to six cubs.
So when they'd all left home I made a wood and mesh screen to cover it to prevent her for using it again.
I've got to say we enjoyed the experience but didn't want to repeat it.
I had a similar situation, perhaps ten years ago. A mother Striped Skunk (Mephitis mephitis) gave birth to litter in a burrow under my garden shed. When they emerged it was surreal to see five nearly adult-sized skunks wandering around my garden in broad daylight. They are remarkably beautiful creatures and most useful predators, and while there was no spraying or strong odor, I did decide to block up the burrow entrances to prevent a repeat occurrence.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Good setup! Blue for Tuesdays and green for Thursday?
Have 6, so I guess no work on Sundays. Actually, I have them set up for different jobs, mowing, tilling, snow removal etc. I am older now and it's hard to change attachments. That's the excuse I use to the wife for having so many. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Have 6, so I guess no work on Sundays. Actually, I have them set up for different jobs, mowing, tilling, snow removal etc. I am older now and it's hard to change attachments. That's the excuse I use to the wife for having so many. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Haha! I was a 14 or so when I learned that if you have room why not? My uncle had one of those huge old chevy impala sedans with a massive trunk. Our journey was to hike the appalachian trail around klingmans dome for a week. We arrived at the park and started setting up base camp. I was stunned when he opened that trunk and unfolded an entire mattress! I said I thought we were gonna camp on the trail and he said yes, inside the bear fenced bunk shelters, but if you have room why not be comfortable? As I got older I began to appreciate not sleeping on the ground and always think about that trunk.

Ask a Question