Separating baby cherry trees

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 A
Country
Canada
Gretings . I have a cherry tree. Planted some pits for fun 2 yrs ago in plastic 24 inch flower containers. They grew ! Surprise ! Now I have to separate them and plant them individually in 2 liter soda bottles cut in half ( with holes in bottom ). Most are about 8 in. to one foot tall. I don't want to tear off tiny roots, so I am wondering if it would be best to empty the box on a table top outside and separate them by means of water running slowly from a hose ? This way, I could replant them immediately in their soda pop half bottle with as many of their roots as possible. Thanks for your time ! Gary C. Northeastern Qubec.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Gretings . I have a cherry tree. Planted some pits for fun 2 yrs ago in plastic 24 inch flower containers. They grew ! Surprise ! Now I have to separate them and plant them individually in 2 liter soda bottles cut in half ( with holes in bottom ). Most are about 8 in. to one foot tall. I don't want to tear off tiny roots, so I am wondering if it would be best to empty the box on a table top outside and separate them by means of water running slowly from a hose ? This way, I could replant them immediately in their soda pop half bottle with as many of their roots as possible. Thanks for your time ! Gary C. Northeastern Qubec.
That is a great way to separate plants

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cherry seeds are hardy you can just pull them apart and replant them .

Ask a Question