Baby tears ( Soleirolia soleirolii ) dying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I have two Soleirolia soleirolii (baby tears) plants which are placed directly beside eachother. One is completely thriving and looks healthy whilst the other has progressively declined recently with the leaves drying and falling off. I treat both plants the same way and have had both for about two years now but have no idea why one of them is dying? Any advice would be gratefullly appreciated. I regularly water as have since I first got them and have had no problems in the past but am just confused as to why one seems so healthy and the other is dying.
I have attached a pic below. Thanks for any advice :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure your plants are not Helxine/Soleirolia. The stems look too thick and red.
Be that as it may; are the 2 pots the same distance from a window or light source? If the left one is closer to the light it is blocking it from the other. If the pots have drain holes, put the weaker one in a sink and drench it thoroughly to remove possible built up calcium/magnesium salts. If they don't, that may be a good portion of the problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi thanks for your response. Yes they’re both same distance away from the window and I have swapped them several times to see if that makes a difference. I will definitely try drenching them as you suggest! What kind of plant do you recon they are if not soleirolia? Thanks

Ask a Question