San Francisco lemon stuff

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I finally have some lemons growing on my Meyer tree. But I don't know what's causing the funny looking splotches on them.
Help me out??

janice
20190829_083702_resized.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
No Chuck, the inside of the lemons don't seem to be affected. No unpleasant odor. And I don't consider any of your questions to be silly.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
No Chuck, the inside of the lemons don't seem to be affected. No unpleasant odor. And I don't consider any of your questions to be silly.
I have grown citrus for many years. At first I thought I knew for sure you had some sort of fungal problem but I have looked at all of my notes and researched online and can find no reference as to a fungal problem with these symptoms. However, back in 1976, many of my oranges and lemons had a similar problem. Mine didn't have a shiny white blemish but more of a cream color. It was caused by the fruits rubbing against something, either each other or a limb. I am fairly certain that the injury happened while the fruits were very small. Not all of my crop was affected, only the very oldest fruits. The only thing I could attribute to the injuries was wind as I had high winds during late spring of that year, about the time the fruits were about the size of walnuts. Perhaps someone else on the forum has had a similar experience and can shed more light on this.

If, in the near future your lemons start showing signs of change, please let me know.

Ask a Question